Monday, March 14, 2011

Repairing System Center Data Protection Manager

Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM) is used to protect and backup other windows systems, which is especially useful for backing up Hyper-V virtual machines. But what happen if the DPM is corrupted or broken?

In the event of corruption of the Microsoft Windows registry, system files, or the System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2010 binaries, you can repair DPM by reinstalling it. Repairing DPM involves backing up existing DPM database (using DPMBackup.exe -db cmd), uninstalling DPM, reinstalling DPM and then restoring the database. See this technet article for step-by-step.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to the article, I've been having some trouble, maybe this will help me out (I'm keeping my fingers crossed!). I looked around your blog a bit, it's great, how come I didn't know it till now?

    ReplyDelete