- Efficient, scalable and reliable file replication protocol which has been tested extensively to ensure data consistency in multi-master replication scenarios.
- Differential replication of changes to files using the Remote Differential Compression (RDC) algorithm, which enhances efficiency in branch office scenarios.
- Flexible scheduling and bandwidth throttling mechanisms.
- Self-heals from USN journal wraps and database corruptions – end user intervention and monitoring requirement is minimal.
- Provides built in health monitoring tools for ease of monitoring deployments.
- Improved support for Read Only Domain Controllers.
The RODC will never move to the next step beyond 'Start'. To resolve it, perform the following command on the PDC emulator:
- dfsrmig /DeleteRoNtfrsMember: Since Read Only Domain Controllers cannot delete the FRS related global settings from their own Active Directory, this operation needs to be performed by the Primary Domain Controller in its Active Directory. When these changes eventually replicate in to the Read Only Domain Controller (after applicable AD Replication latencies), the DFS Replication service on the RODC is able to proceed with the process of migration.