- Configuring Chassis Cluster information on both nodes e.g. set chassis cluster-id 1 node 0
- Configuring Redundancy Groups (RG) and specify which node should be the primary node for each RG. e.g. set chassis cluster redundancy-group 1 node 0 priority 200. This is also where you determine whether it is a Active-Passive or Active-Active setup
- Configuring Out-of-Band management interface for fxp0 - optional
- Configuring Virtual Routing instances (a.k.a VRF-lite in Cisco networking) - optional
- Configure the number of Redundant Interfaces using "set chassis cluster reth-count n" where n is the number of reth.
- Configuring Redundant Interface (reth) using at least one interface from each node
- Configuring control link using fxp1 interface where configuration synchronization takes place between 2 nodes
- Configuring fabric interface (fabn where n denotes the node id) consisting of at least one ethernet interface from each node
- Successful cluster setup!
Step1: Increase the reth count by using
- set chassis cluster reth-count n where n is the new number of reth interfaces
- set interfaces ge-0/0/2 gigether-options redundant-parent reth2
- set interfaces ge-8/0/2 gigether-options redundant-parent reth2
- Enable VLAN tagging if you intend to use VLAN: "set vlan-tagging"
- Create new sub-interface: "set unit nnn vlan-id
" where nnn is any sub-interface number.
- Assign IP address to sub-interface: "set unit nnn family inet address 22.214.171.124/24"
- Return to top level edit: "top"
- set routing-instances
- set security zones security-zone
- show | compare rollback 0