- Operations Database Server - MS SQL server for data storage
- Root Management Server (RMS) and console - First monitoring server
- Management Servers - Subsequent monitoring servers
- Reporting Server and Data Warehouse Server - Generate reports
- ACS Database Server and ACS Collection Server - Audit Collection Services for storing security events and logs
- Gateway Server - Collect data from multiple agents residing outside of trusted internal domain.
- Agentless Exception Monitoring - Collecting crash information from computers without SCOM agents
- Operations Manager Agents - Agents residing on managed systems. Collect system information and send to management server
- ACS Forwarders
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Installation of SCOM 2007 R2
System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2007 R2 is the latest monitoring platform from Microsoft that manage hetergenous systems and applications, including both Microsoft and non-Microsoft. SCOM relies on Management Pack (MP) created by its developers and partners to monitor specific systems and applications.
The components of SCOM 2007 R2 should be installed in the following orders: