This method won't work. After a long wait, the wizard will return an error asking you to ensure sufficient permissions. A closer look to the installation wizard logs located at (%LOCALAPPDATA%\SCOM\LOGS\OpsMgrSetupWizard.txt) reveals that the wizard was unable to connect to the hidden drive share of the active SQL host
[13:06:59]: Info: :Info:Creating db path: \\SQL_LIS\D$\MSCMDB\MSSQL11.MSCMDB\MSSQL\DATA\You can try to access the hidden SMB share using the listener name, it won't connect. You'll have to supply the actual active host name to the wizard. Hence, the workable approach should be:
[13:22:21]: Error: :Could not create valid path: \\SQL_LIS\D$\MSCMDB\MSSQL11.MSCMDB\MSSQL\DATA\: Threw Exception.Type: System.IO.IOException, Exception Error Code: 0x80070043, Exception.Message: The network name cannot be found.
[13:22:21]: Error: :StackTrace: at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.SetupCommon.SetupUtils.CreateDirectoryForDatabase(String physicalSqlServerInstance, String localPath, Boolean& createdDirectory)
[13:22:21]: Error: :Error:Could not create the directories for the specified DB Path
[13:22:21]: Always: :Database creation permission check failed for CMDB_AG_LIS\MSCMDB instance
- Supply active host name to the installation wizard. Complete the installation.
- Ensure that the Operations Manager console can log in successfully.
- Rename the database server to the Group Listener name using the same procedure as "How to move Operations Manager database"
- Restart the OM service.
- Stop the primary SQL service to force a SQL cluster service move.
- Start the OM console to check the connectivity.